#499 Security consultant – Amsterdam, some international travelling is involved
For one of our clients in Amsterdam we are looking for a Security consultant with hands-on experience, but also some one who can see the big picture.
Duration: 6+ months
Startdate: As soon as possible, depending on availability
– some international travelling is involved in this assignment
– free parking and excellent public transport connection & location (500mtr from central station), end-user client of Apollo, English speaking candidates are welcome to apply
Our international client offers content services B-to-B and B-to-C and is well known for it’s innovative business. As a Security Engineer you will closely co-operate with different development teams and arrange regular knowledge sharing sessions with the developers to promote information security best practices in system development.
This position is ideal for a hands-on security professional who is passionate about his/her work and takes a proactive approach to security.
• Evaluate, implement, and support security-focused tools and services
• Advise and consult with internal customers on threat modeling and technical vulnerability remediation
• Use your solid understanding of web application security and modern cloud services along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to drive security into Sanoma’s services/products
• You seek efficiencies and consistency in security implementations by supporting deployment of secure configurations (DevOps)
• You support DevOps teams in implementing security tests in test automation frameworks (Continuous Integration)
• You are responsible for raising security awareness within the development teams
• You will need to keep up with the security threat trends and apply applicable mitigations to our environment.
To succeed in the role of Security Engineer, you must have / be:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in system/application security engineering
• Experience providing security consultation regarding web application design
• Well aware of everything around information security and the latest developments and trends in the field of web application security / mobile security / cyber security / cloud security
• Ability to identify security issues with strong knowledge of current security threats and mitigations
• Demonstrated hands on experience with issues such as authentication, encryption technologies, firewalls, VPNs, vulnerability scanning, IDS / IPS and related
• Good understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, TLS, certificates and web services
• Knowledge of various OS platforms and virtualization
• Ability to see “the big picture”, simultaneously understanding also the details
• Good communication and social skills, with ability to adjust your message to the audience
• Ability to work in virtual and international teams
• A team player taking initiative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and in English
• Five years’ experience in system and/or application security engineering
• Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
• Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework, ISO2700x
• Experience with Threat Modelling
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification
Michel Koning 06-34657362