#525 Technical Test engineer (automation – Selenium – Protractor) – Noord-Brabant
For our end-user client we are looking for a (freelance) Technical test engineer with experience in test automation.
Duration: 3+ months
Startdate: ASAP, depending on availability
Our client is a leading European provider of both printed and digital solutions. They use the latest tooling for the development of online platforms and work Agile. Scrum, Continuous Delivery and DevOps are part of the daily routine.
Test Technology stack
• Based on Agile test pyramid consisting of unit tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests
• Test frameworks: Protractor, Cucumber, Jasmine, Rest-assured, ng-apimock, Karma, JUnit
• Front-end frameworks: AngularJS, Angular
• BrowserStack (Cross browser testing)
• Continuous Integration (Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)
• NOSQL database (MongoDB)
• SQL database (Postgress)
• Quality and version management (Sonar, Git)
About the project
The online platform provides for the compilation, preparation, administration and assessment of tests. The platform is used in several countries.
The team consists of 5 developers, 2 Test automation engineers, Analyst, Application manager, Scrum master and a Product owner. We work according to the principles of Scrum and DevOps. Key words in this are open communication, taking responsibility, multidisciplinary and flexibility.
This application concerns a replacement of a Test automation engineer.
Your working day mainly consists of:
• establishing, maintaining and improving the test automation framework for end-to-end testing and integration testing;
• supporting developers and improving their unit tests;
• maintain and improve the coherence of all tests based on the test pyramid;
• manual testing of new features (approximately half of your time).
Other activities are:
• building and deploying new features;
• running and testing the application locally (including manual testing);
• Think along with the Scrum team and the Testers Guild, solicited and unsolicited, about improving the current methodologies and approach.
• A real technical tester.
• Someone with a structured approach.
• Positive thinker.
• A proactive team player who stands for quality.
• Minimum HBO working and thinking level.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a tester in an online environment.
• Expert in the field of test automation (Must: Protractor, Selenium).
• Experience with RESTful API testing.
• Experience with Scrum.
• Experience with Java8 is an advantage.
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362