#529 Sr. data scientist (BI specialist – AWS – API’s – Java – Scala) – Omgeving Amsterdam
For one of our end-user clients in the area of Amsterdam we are looking for a senior Data Scientist.
Location: Amsterdam area
Startdate: juni 1st
Duration: 6+ months
Extra: parking no problem, public transport just around the corner
Our client build and maintains one of the largest websites in The Netherlands. The BI-environment is very interesting and most important for the business of our client. There are some interesting challenges you might want to be part of. We are lookign for an experienced senior Data scientist!
– Consult with senior business leaders to translate business goals into analytical use cases and models and communicate insights back to business stakeholders
– Develop statistical and predictive analytical models
– Implement the models as part of end-to-end solutions in production, either as batch jobs in big data environment (Hadoop, Spark, Amazon) or algorithms executed in real-time through web APIs.
– Create presentations and visualizations for communicating insights with the business
– Work with cross-functional business, analytics, and IT teams to deliver scalable successes, often as part of a scrum team
– Proactively identify and drive new use cases and data-driven product innovations
– You have a multidisciplinair back-ground and/or computer science background/ affinity with data engineering is preferred.
– Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, physics, operations research, applied mathematics, econometrics, or a related field.
– Experience in data engineering (AWS cloud technologies, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB, web APIs (e.g. to serve out recommendations).
– Recent experience with: Java & Scala; ideally also with some others like R, Python, Spark and various data wrangling tools and methods.
– Some experience in advanced analytics and modeling techniques such as regression, clustering, classification, natural language processing, time series methods is a pre.
– Good data visualization skills, familiarity with Grafana is a pre.
– Team player with good communications skills.
– Used: Cassandra as a back-end database and algorithm execution in real-time through web APIs for personalization experiences
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362