#534 Senior Linux Engineer (with a cloud mentality – Puppet – Ansible) – Amsterdam area
Are you an experienced Linux engineer with a cloud mindset? Then we have the perfect freelance assignment for you!
Work Location: Amsterdam
Startdate: end of July / beginning of August 2019
Duration: 6+ months (full-time, 36-40 hrs)
Extras: CV in English
Our client is an international and main player in navigation solutions in the world. The knowledge level is very high and the IT challenges very interesting.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Cloud mentality: on-demand deployment, horizontal scaling, self-healing, automate everything
– End-to-end mentality: responsible for the entire system, whether scripting, automation, stress/load testing, on-call, documentation, spike/poc/research, root cause analysis
– “Can do” mentality
Skills and experience:
– Linux System administration and engineering experience [Senior: 5+ years]
– 2+ years experience of the Agile (Scrum) way of working
– Experience with the Compute features of the Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services clouds
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Experience using Git
– Familiar with provisioning tools such as Puppet & Ansible
– Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
– General Networking skills required (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
– Hands-on mentality with a demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively
– High degree of flexibility and adaptability
– Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, across all levels of the organization (English)
– A positive and open approach, we want you to have a voice and bring in new ideas and solutions.
– Fast learner, flexible, can independently work and make good decisions, team player, and adaptable to change.
– Nice to have: exposure to PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Apache Qpid, Nginx
– Nice to have: experience with highly available high volume web services
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362