#545 Sr. Java developer (Java / Azure Cloud / Kubernetes) – Amsterdam area
Sr. Java developer skills (pref. with Cloud en Kubernetes skills).
NavKit is core navigation library used in different departments, it does all the basic navigation functions, routine, guidance instructions, map matching etc.
Currently, the team is building NavKit 2 — all the map data is hosted in the cloud and then streamed to the client. The team is re-using whatever it can from NavKit 1using latest technologies, e.g. Kubernetes.
The team has all production environment hosted in Microsoft Azure. Production environment needs development and maintenance, that means monitoring, scaling, logic.
The project is young, around 1,5-2 years, functions more like a corporate start up. The asset is that the team is international (distributed between 5 locations: Belgrade, Lodz, Amsterdam, Berlin and London).
Java development >> building the main cutting edge, cloud based navigation application.
Azure Cloud >> you will be building and maintaining the production environment in Azure.
Experience / knowledge
– Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in software engineering in the relevant domain
– Higher educational background
– Good communication skills
– Practical experience with remote working and must be willing and able to travel every 2 months
– Experience with deploying developing and maintaining customer-facing software
– Minimum of 5 years Java development experience in a n complex invironment
– Java Spring framework and Spring webflux experience
– Hands-on Cloud services experience with at least one of Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
– Experience with Docker
– Experience with working with distributed systems
– Experience with Linux system
– Experience with Kubernetes
– Experience with at least one functional programming language (e.g. Scala / GO)
Java, Kubernetes, Spring Webflux, Scala, Go, C++ 11 or 14, iOS, Android, Azure, DevOps/Cloud, CI/CD
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362