#635 On-site IT support engineer – Nijmegen
We are looking for a On-site IT Support engineer who has broad IT knowledge with support on the client side.
You have great communication skills in Dutch and English.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide day to day support for the Deskside Support Service (DSS) on customer’s sites. Working directly with a Global Service Desk service, requests and incidents will be assigned and managed until resolved.
The ideal On-site support Engineer needs to be both technically strong but also an extravert person who has a high level of personal and interpersonal skills to succeed.
For this role you will be working in the On-site Suport team and support end-users will all sorts of IT issues. It is an international environment so the knowledge of the English language is a must!
It is a team with a high knowledge level, so there is also a lot to learn from your colleagues
What will you do?
– You provide on-site support to the customer and their end users with a professional and efficient IT Support Service with maintenance, repair and break-fix for a range of desktop equipment and applications.
– End-user support mainly on the client-side: solve issues, manage incidents and solve problems on the 1ste and 2nd line, Office 365, Windows 7/ Windows10, MS Outlook / MS Exchange mail, etc.
– Configure laptops, PC’s and mobile devices
– Provide Network support on LAN / WAN issues
– Hardware break-fix of desktop PC’s and laptops and thereafter to support the customer’s IT Service Desk.
– You will be working as part of a team supporting end-users based on SLAs and KPIs.
What do you bring?
Essential (Technical and procedural) experience:
– Experience of working in a client facing environment providing support, preferably with executive level support experience.
– Proven enthusiasm to excel and exceed customer expectations.
– Desirable Technical & Procedural Experience; meaning good understanding of incident management in an end-user IT support environment / Knowledge of SLAs within end user services.
– Experience as an on-site 2nd line and support technician.
– ITILv3 – Foundation Certification or knowledge of ITSM processes.
– Experience of end user training / documentation.
– Experience of working in virtual teams.
– Experience of the build, imaging and configuration of standard desktop / laptop technology.
– Experience of providing hardware break-fix services across standard desktop / laptop environments.
– Experience of providing software support and installation services across a range of industry standard applications and operating systems.
– Experience of providing network support services across Local and Wide-Area network environments.
– Knowledge of Window XP & Windows 7.
– Knowledge of RSA SecurID – VPN software and administration.
– Knowledge of Active Directory.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
– Knowledge of Windows Deployment Service and scripting tools.
– Knowledge of network switches and wireless networks.
– Knowledge of group policy.
– Service is ‘in your blood’.
– A genuine passion for people and a genuine caring and personal approach.
– A team player who is strong on collaboration, building relationships and securing win-win outcomes.
– Acts calmly under pressure.
– Resilient, accountable, approachable, responsible and presentable.
– Flexible and does what it takes to succeed, with strong ownership and follow-through.
– Highly innovative and strong on problem solving.
– Good organiser, ability to identify what is important / critical and give it priority and able to multi-task to meet service priorities.
– Strong attention to detail; analytical and diagnostic skills.
– Sets high personal standards, proceeds with a sense of purpose and urgency taking particular pride in outperformance.
– Highly service-minded and prepared to exceed customer expectations.
– Proactive, driven and possesses ability to work under own initiative in pressured situations to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
– Assertively able to push back and successfully manage conflict.
– Exhibits a strong coaching style and ability to encourage users to become self-sufficient.
– Possesses excellent communication skills; is strong on both listening and questioning.
– Ability to empathise and understand user requirements relating to the customer’s IT infrastructure
– Ability to work and make decisions independently and use good judgment when others should be involved.
– Able to work within set procedures and to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals and bulletins and relevant publications.
Michel Koning 06- 3465 7362
If you are interested in this vacancy send your CV with the button below or just give us a call to discuss the specs and opportunity. You can reach us on 085 – 06 53 464 or on email@example.com.